Think you know city-management games? Think again! Merge Games, alongside indie developer Blackstaff Games, are proud to announce Buildings Have Feelings Too! will finally arrive on April 22, 2021. Originally announced in 2018, the Blackstaff team took the time to build the game right — from the foundation to the rooftop — and they’re excited to finally bring the quirky city-management / puzzle game to eager players everywhere. Buildings Have Feelings Too! will be available on PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One priced $19.99 / €19.99 / £14.99.
Selected as one of Microsoft’s highlighted indie titles back at GDC 2019, Buildings Have Feelings Too! brings the city to life and turns its inhabitants into currency. Grow your city to a bustling metropolitan centre with an array of shops, offices, entertainment and amenities, but take care to keep your city thriving or risk losing your buildings being demolished forever. How will you react to the tides of change when your buildings have feelings too?
Imagine a city where buildings can walk and talk to one other. Each one has its own aspirations, hope and fears. Most of the time they’re just trying to get along with each other and make it through the day. Buildings Have Feelings Too! is a city management game with character. Players must grow their city while making sure the individual buildings thrive, or risk them being demolished forever.
As time progresses, new industries can be researched and new architectural marvels built. In turn, world events might cause buildings to fail and businesses to go bankrupt! Players must discover new ways to attend to their city’s needs. This could involve refurbishing a building or simply grabbing it by the hand and moving it to a nicer part of the neighbourhood.
As players progress they are able to grow their city, allowing for multiple neighbourhoods. Specialist areas, such as busy finance hubs or bustling theatre districts, become available. Additional layered attributes such as electricity supply, noise pollution and transport add more complexity and challenges for players.
- Discover and equip a wide range of businesses from the Victorian era right through to the modern day.
- Befriend a range of Buildings, each with their own aspirations, hopes and fears, as they come to grips with the changing world around them.
- Customise and rearrange your city’s layout by moving buildings and find the perfect combination for your city to grow.
- Expand across multiple neighbourhoods of your city, discovering new landmark characters and districts.
- Production and development funding for film, television and digital content;
- A free information service and production support for filming in Northern Ireland, including locations FAM trips for incoming productions; help with sourcing crews and facilities; studio facilities Titanic Studios and Belfast Harbour Studios, as well as excellent alternative build space;
- Marketing Northern Ireland as a worldwide production location and promoting its product and talent;
- Financial assistance for training and skills development;
- Production funding for Irish Language and Ulster-Scots programming;
- Investment in film education, heritage and archive, film festivals and cultural cinema.
Northern Ireland Screen is a company limited by guarantee, currently employing 28 people and governed by a Board of thirteen Directors. The Chairwoman is Rotha Johnston and Kenneth Branagh is Honorary President.
About Merge Games
Merge is an independent video game publisher and distributor based in Manchester, UK. The company publishes and distributes interactive software worldwide for personal computers and video games consoles. Merge also specialises in publishing collectable games for retail and worldwide digital distribution for independent developers. More information about Merge products can be found at www.mergegames.com.