Get ready for an exciting adventure with Mr. Sun’s Hatbox! Developed by Kenny Sun and published by Raw Fury, this slapstick roguelite platformer has been nominated for “Excellence in Design” at this year’s Independent Games Festival. Available now on Nintendo Switch and Windows PC|Mac via Steam, the game can be purchased for $13.49 after a 10% launch discount ($14.99 before discount). The Deluxe Edition, which includes the full game and a digital copy of the OST, is exclusively available on Steam for $16.63 after a 10% launch discount ($17.99 before discount).
In Mr. Sun’s Hatbox, you play as an honorable courier who must retrieve a stolen hatbox delivery from the mischievous Mr. Moon and his troublemakers. Build your HQ, upgrade its capabilities, and recruit a crew of reformed hat thieves for your next heist. Choose from an array of stylish hats with unique perks to help you complete various missions, from stealthy espionage jobs to all-out combat assaults.
You can enjoy Mr. Sun’s Hatbox on your own or with friends via local multiplayer* and Steam Remote Play Together for up to four players. Play the full campaign solo or team up with friends in co-op mode for each mission. When the work is done, jump into fast-paced Deathmatch and Last One Standing PvP modes with powerful hats, lasers, swords, pitchforks, cannons, rubber ducks, stale baguettes, and more!
Other key features of Mr. Sun’s Hatbox include:
- Start small and assemble a crew to take down Mr. Moon and his cronies across a challenging variety of action-platformer missions.
- Build a brig to brainwash captives, a lab to experiment on your staff, a black market to purchase illicit contraband, and more to fuel your next job!
- Eliminate Mr. Moon’s minions or capture them for your cause! Put together a team of ex-crooks with an array of unique traits to use on future missions.
- Collect over 50 hats with special properties, including Dynamite Headbands, Cardboard Boxes, Noise-Canceling Earphones, and Jet Packs! Choose the best hats to complement your play style.
- Play together via local multiplayer and Steam Remote Play Together for up to four players. Take on each campaign mission solo or in co-op with buddies, then duke it out in Deathmatch and Last One Standing PvP modes.
- Drape yourself in colorful retro pixel art design from Mr. Kenny Sun, creator of visually stylish experiences like Circa Infinity and Yankai’s Peak.
For more information, visit www.MrSunsHatbox.com, and check out the latest clips on TikTok.
About the Developer
Kenny Sun is an award-winning game developer based in Brooklyn, New York. He’s been making games since 2007 and has developed a wide variety of titles including Circa Infinity, Twinfold, and Tender: Creature Comforts.
About Raw Fury
Raw Fury is a boutique indie (un)publisher founded in 2015 by Jonas Antonsson, Gordon Van Dyke, and David Martinez. We do not care about genres or mechanics. We care about experiences and emotions. We want to help developers make magic.
You must be logged in to post a comment.