After a successful launch on the Epic Games Store last year that resulted in it being the #4 top-seller during launch week, developer Pillow Castle Games is happy to officially announce that their forced-perspective puzzle game, Superliminal, will be available on Steam for Windows, Linux, and macOS on November 5th, 2020! Soon, more players will be able to get lost in their thoughts (literally!) as they feel the satisfaction of figuring out each solution and advancing in this mysterious, surreal world. Check out the trailer and read about the game below:
I’m excited that players who prefer Steam will finally be able to dive in to this surreal world where everything seems to be just as it is, until it’s not.”Superliminal is a single-player first-person puzzle game that uses perception as a mechanic. You play as someone who wakes up in a surprisingly lucid dream. As you complete puzzles to get to the next exit, certain patterns and truths become more apparent. In this game, everything is exactly what it seems to be! Wait, no… that’s not right. Everything is the opposite of what you think it is? That’s not correct either. This is a game about breaking expectations and thinking outside the box. What you see is what you get. Literally.
– Kate // Evolve PR
The Steam launch will include some awesome updates and new features! If you already purchased Superliminal on the Epic Games Store, you’ll receive all of these features, where compatible, too. Here’s a peek at what’s being added:
- Remote Play Optimized – Play the game streamed to your TV using Steam Link.
- Steam Achievements – Achievements that launched alongside the console versions in July are now fully integrated with Steam’s Achievement system.
- Steam Workshop [beta] – The devs are working on some very experimental features for Steam Workshop. More details will be revealed soon!
The overwhelming response from the speed running community to Superliminal encouraged the devs to add a new Challenge Mode, which will score players per-level on metrics such as time to finish, grabs, and jumps.
Players can turn on extensive developer commentary that has been added throughout the game, so they can learn the secrets and history behind the game’s development.
Ready to join Dr. Glenn Pierce in his “SomnaSculpt Dream Therapy” program? SUPERLIMINAL will launch on Steam with a celebratory 20% discount until November 12th, making it only $15.99 USD, and will return to the full $19.99 USD price after that. Be sure to add it to your Steam wishlist so you don’t miss out on this limited-time offer!
Find more about SUPERLIMINAL at:
- Press Kit: http://pillowcastle.org/presskits/superliminal/
- Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1049410/Superliminal/
- Website: http://www.pillowcastlegames.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/pillowcastle
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pillowcastle