To celebrate the upcoming release, Bloober Team and Anshar Studios have announced that a PC demo of Layers of Fear (2023) will be available on Steam starting from May 15th at 8 AM PT until May 22nd at 3 PM PT. This short demo will allow players to jump into the first few minutes of the game and experience the game’s opening cinematic video, which introduces the story of the Writer, the game’s final protagonist.
In addition to the demo, Bloober Team is excited to announce a special Steam livestream for Layers of Fear debuting next week. Joining the livestream will be Damian Kocurek, Creative Director of Anshar Studios, who will provide a walkthrough commentary of the demo and engage in a discussion with Laura Bernaś, PR Manager at Bloober Team. The livestream will be available on the game’s Steam page and is scheduled to go live around 8:30 am PT on Monday, May 15th. Don’t miss this opportunity to get an exclusive look into the game with insights from the Creative Director himself.
The development team is also happy to share with players the expected minimum and recommended system requirements to run Layers of Fear on PC, including some considerations for those who intend to play using Ray Tracing.
- The Ultimate Layers of Fear Experience – The series’s crowning work casts an overarching narrative over the entire franchise.
- Horror Reimagined – Everything in the Layers of Fear series melds together into a single experience, including all DLCs, so players can find all the answers they seek.
- Shocking New Looks – Enhanced with Unreal Engine 5’s improved technology. This version offers a more immersive horror experience with the addition of Ray Tracing, HDR, 4K resolution, and the Lumen system.
- Psychological Horror – A grim but gripping first-person psychedelic horror game focused on tense exploration, puzzle-solving, and immersive storytelling. Discover what lies in the depths of the human psyche with this mature, cathartic game.
- New tricks – New brand-new core mechanics that will be introduced to Layers of Fear and its sequel, as well as additional features, so all the chapters and stories will blend seamlessly
- Horror Through the Many Lenses of Art – Explore the depths of obsession with three different stories of craft-obsessed protagonists (The Painter, The Actor and The Writer) which are interwoven to create a truly immersive experience and gripping storyline
- Classical, Ominous Soundtrack – Hauntingly beautiful soundtrack composed by the highly-acclaimed musician Arek Reikowski. He has composed a hypnotic score that adds an extra layer of tension to the game and will leave you on the edge of your seat
Layers of Fear is being published by Bloober Team and co-developed by Bloober Team and Anshar Studios and will be available in June 2023. To be up-to-date with the latest news, wishlist the game over on Steam and follow Bloober Team on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
About Bloober Team
Established in 2008, Bloober Team is an independent game development studio based in Krakow, Poland with nearly 200 people strong. Best known for acclaimed horror games including Blair Witch, Layers of Fear, Observer: System Redux and The Medium (Polish Game of The Year, Digital Dragons 2021) the company has made its name as creators of chilling yet memorable experiences with deep storylines and atmospheric set-pieces. For more information, visit the official website.
About Anshar Studios
Craftsmanship is our way. We follow the radical truthfulness philosophy to communicate and, as a result, bring impactful, first-party ideas to life and deliver perfected third-party projects. We are set apart by our skilled team, a well-crafted portfolio, and our ambition to grow. We’re hungry for making good games and we specialize in narrative RPGs. Anshar Studios was founded in 2012 and since then has worked on dozens of commercially released titles on multiple platforms using different technologies. We employ over 120 skilled professionals and game enthusiasts from the video game industry, which are helping out companies from all around the world to develop their games. Apart from that we also develop games as 1st party – we created Gamedec – an adaptive, isometric, cyberpunk, RPG game. Our VR experience was rounded off with the releases of Detached and Telefrag VR.