October 20, 2022
On October 13th NEXON revealed its cinematic story trailer for their original IP, The First Descendant, developed by NEXON GAMES. The trailer shares new lore and background details for fans of the upcoming sci-fi co-op shooter. The dramatic scenes will also be featured in the upcoming Steam beta which will run from Thursday, October 20th, 2022 at 00:00 PDT until Wednesday, October 26th, 2022 at 23:59 PDT.
The new cinematic explains how almost a century ago humans were defeated by the Vulgus, invaders from another world, who were followed by the Colossi to decimate civilization. However, humans found a shred of hope for the future. Using the reawakened ancestors’ power, Descendants fought back with newfound strength to finally defeat the invaders. Humans survived, but a new threat emerged. Karel, the new malevolent Vulgus leader, is leading the
world to eternal darkness. Now, the Descendant must fight back once again to save humanity from the brink of collapse.
Humans survived, but a new threat emerged. Karel, the new malevolent Vulgus leader, is leading theworld to eternal darkness. Now, the Descendant must fight back once again to save humanity from the brink of collapse.
The upcoming beta will have a total of 10 unlockable characters, each with unique abilities, as well as missions, weapons, grappling hooks, and huge boss fights. Fans eager to play in the Steam beta should sign up in advance to secure a spot, as there will be limited opportunities to join the event once it goes live. Players can wishlist the game and sign up for the beta on The First Descendant Steam page. Fans wanting to learn more about the lore, history, characters and other details of the game should visit the new The First Descendant website here.
About The First Descendant
The player becomes a Descendant whose mission is to fight against alien invaders for the survival of humanity by protecting the Ingris continent. Experience a spectacular story while growing stronger through various missions and stories to finally discover the Descendants’ secret. Feel The First Descendant’s unique atmosphere through high-quality fields developed with Unreal Engine 5 and gain a new experience of reality and Sci-Fi fantasy coexisting in one place.
- 4-Player Co-Op Play – Team up with other players for four-player co-op strategic battles. Each player’s amazing powers and abilities will lead to tactical battles for the win.
- Charming and Unique Characters – Play as different characters, each with distinctive concepts and battle styles. Characters will have customizable elements to allow players to support character decoration. Don’t miss your chance to play as 10 different characters during the upcoming Steam beta test.
- Exciting Battles, Dynamic Action, Multiple Skills, and Unique Weapons – Experience exciting battles with different characters, each with unique skill sets, free movements, and chain actions through grappling hooks, colorful firearms, and additional effects. Players create the battle style they desire!
- Battle Huge Boss Monsters – Battle huge boss monsters with different appearances and abilities. Various powers and difficulties will stimulate the player’s competitive spirit as you struggle not to fall in battle. Target the boss’s gimmicks to experience a more compact and strategic team play.
- Motivating Play and Growth – Equip characters with 3 guns, 4 pieces of secondary equipment, and various sub-weapons. Use and change the equipment based on the types of battles encountered. New equipment develops character growth by combining various pieces, enhancing character and firearm stats, or adding a new ability. Obtain new items through clearing scenario missions or in the world missions where cooperation is crucial. Use new items to challenge yourself with more complex tasks!
The First Descendant and its immersive Sci-Fi fantasy world is an original IP from Nexon games. The free-to-play, cooperative looter-shooter is currently in development for release on Steam, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.
About NEXON Co., Ltd.
Founded in 1994, NEXON Co., Ltd. (Nexon) (3659.TO) is a company engaged in the production, development, and operation of online games and Virtual Worlds. First listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange in December 2011, Nexon was placed on JPX400 in 2015 and added to the Nikkei Stock Index 300 in 2017. In 2020, Nexon was added to the Nikkei 225. Nexon currently has more than 45 live games on multiple platforms including mobile and is available in more than 190 countries. Major game franchises include MapleStory, KartRider, and Dungeon Fighter. In 2021, Nexon completed the acquisition of Embark Studios AB, a company based in Stockholm, Sweden, developing multiple projects for global release.
You must be logged in to post a comment.