Achieve Bloody Salvation As “Nightmare Reaper” Breaks Out of Early Access!Nightmare Reaper, the popular retro-inspired FPS with looter shooter and rogue-lite elements from Blazing Bit Games, leaves Steam Early Access and GOG Games in Development today with the release of Chapter 3. The full launch includes more weapons, new game modes, lots of loot, and a conclusion to the nightmare-filled storyline. While this marks the full release of the game, more content will be added in the future – including mods, multiplayer, and other game modes.
Nightmare Reaper is a dark and violent meld of retro and modern action games, inspired by the classic 2.5D first-person shooters of the 90s. Progress through the cursed depths of a nightmare while finding an arsenal of powerful weapons and improving your abilities along the way. This retro-inspired FPS with looter shooter and rogue-lite elements breaches the wall between classic and modern gameplay. Each of the three chapters is 7-10 hours long and is highly replayable.Key Features:
- Intense and addictive gameplay – Tons of enemies are crammed in open-ended levels full of surprises and geysers of blood and treasure.
- Character progression – Use the gold you find to purchase tons of character upgrades and new abilities via nostalgic minigames.
- Ludicrous weapon variety – 80 unique weapons (58 in EA) that can drop as loot and can contain a funky mix of over 30 enchantment types.
- Music and audio by Andrew Hulshult from Doom Eternal – The badass tunes in Nightmare Reaper add to the retro vibe and are DMCA free.
- Non-intrusive story – The mystery of the nightmare adds to the desire to keep playing.
- Multiple game modes – Campaign, Endless, New Game+, and Challenge modes offer high replayability.
- A mix of manual and random level generation – Tons of random events and secrets to discover.
Nightmare Reaper is available on Steam and GOG with a 15% discount until April 4th, so take advantage of the launch pricing! Join the Nightmare Reaper Discord to keep up to date on the latest news on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and the official website.
About Blazing Bit Games
A small studio dedicated to making great indie games, founded by Bruno Beaudoin, programmer by trade, former Ubisoft Montreal Network Programmer, and passionate gamer since the Atari 2600. Nightmare Reaper is our most ambitious project yet and we’ve recruited the help of amazing people to deliver our vision.